Delhi is all geared up to host India’s Premier Cyclothon – Saksham Pedal Delhi on the 5th of November 2017. An initiative by PCRA, in association with DoIT Sports and CFI and supported by the Oil & Gas PSUs, Saksham Pedal Delhi aims to promote fuel efficiency and instil socio-environmental consciousness by leveraging the sport of cycling.
• Saksham Pedal Delhi – India’s Premier Cyclothon, with the biggest prize money ever on offer.
• The initiative is touted as the biggest mass participative platform at the back of cycling, with the aim to be a crucial cog in the burgeoning health and fitness revolution of the country
• Saksham Pedal Delhi is bulwarked on sport & society, wherein it will leverage sport to instil socio-environmental consciousness
I. Elite Race
The elite race at Saksham Pedal Delhi will be a National Championship, featuring 180 of India’s finest athletes, both men & women, competing for a prize money of INR 8 Lakh. A criterium race, winners/standings will be decided basis the points accumulated by riders at the end of each lap. The men will take 5 laps of the 9KM loop (45KM) while the women will take 3 laps of the 9KM loop (27KM), from JLN Stadium to the India Gate & back.
The men & women will have separate starts.
What to Expect:
– A high adrenaline race, with the zeal to swiftly finish every lap, to secure maximum points
– Only National level race in the calendar to be held in the heart of the city with closed roads
– Best quality of roads for riders to hit top speeds across the route
– Top professional riders from the states, services and railway teams will vying for the top spot, to be the fastest Indian pro cyclist at Pedal Delhi
– Spectators can catch the excitement Live from the public viewing gallery, entry from Gate no. 15 at the JLN Stadium, on the 5th of November.
II. Amateur Championships
An individual (mass start) time trial, will witness approximately 700 cycling enthusiasts, compete for a prize money of INR 4 Lakh on the same course as that of the Elite Race. This 27KM race, will see both men & women take 3 laps of the 9KM course. To ensure a level playing field, the amateur championships will see two sub-categories – Road cycles & MTB/Hybrid cycles, and the prize money will also be equally split between the two sub-categories. The winners will be determined by the respective net finish times.
What to expect:
– Riders from various cycling clubs in Delhi-NCR, vying for glory at the inaugural edition of Saksham Pedal Delhi 2017
– Biggest amateur road race in India
– Amateur riders participating from 8 Indian Cities (Delhi, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai)
– A Unique format that makes it the only amateur race that is an individually timed road race with a mass-start
– Two separate starts one for Road cycles followed by the riders on MTB/Hybrid, after a gap of 2 mins.
– Close-to-the-action seats for friends & family, to send out a loud cheer at the end of every lap.
III. Open Ride
This timed 9KM ride (1 lap of the 9KM loop) will see both men & women experiencing the joy of cycling. This non-competitive category will give the 1000 plus participants an hour to complete the race and on it completion will receive a medal, subject to them completing the ride in under 60 mins.
What to expect:
– Participants from different corporates, universities & NGOs will participate to pledge for a better tomorrow, whilst allowing them to set their personal best at Saksham Pedal Delhi
– A nice surprise for the top-5 finishers, both male & female
IV. Green Ride
2500 plus participants from various walks of life, will come together to pedal for a greener tomorrow in this 5KM, non-competitive category. A non-timed event, the Green Ride at Saksham Pedal Delhi will be a fun ride that is aimed at instilling socio-environmental consciousness amongst the people of our national capital.
What to expect
– A fun ride for the entire family with an entertaining post finish experience